Wednesday, 25 March 2015

5 Reasons to Travel


After watching the film Into the Wild, it all of a sudden reignited my wanderlust. If you haven't see it you should totally stop what your doing (if it is important, finish it and then stop!) and watch it, or read the book - very inspirational. 

Going travelling nowadays seems to be on everybody's bucket list, and I can totally see why. Who doesn't want to explore new places, cultures, foods and meet new people? Not only do you get these wonderful experiences, it is something you can do once in a lifetime. If you are anything like me, I want to finish University, get a brief job to save for travelling, and then hop on a plane somewhere. Personally, I think trying to travel if I were to have my own house, a job and priorities would be very difficult. That isn't to say you can't do it though. 

I had never anticipated to write a 'travelling' post, however as it is something I am so longing to do I thought I would share with you 5 reasons you should consider travelling based on my own experience, however small. 

1. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
I have heard this quote a lot, and it is so very true. Richer in heart, spirit, mind, culture and personality - all of which you can't buy but can only experience. 
Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.

2. To Escape. 
Not to escape because your sad, but to escape your current reality and experience something fresh and new. To explore new places, meet new people, enjoy new cuisine, anything - your mind will be blown. 
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

3. To make a life.
In modern society we are all so concerned about making a living and seem to forget about making and enjoying a life...If we do only live once, you should live your life to the full.
Collect moments, not things.

4. To look back and say "I can't believe I did that".
Nobody wants to live a life of regrets and to say 'I wish I did that' - if you have the opportunity to travel, grasp it with two hands and don't let go. You don't know what experience will be your last, so make it a good one.
To look back and smile at life, because you lived it.

5. For adventure.
To try something new. To do things you haven't done before. Or, because you can only do it once in a lifetime. Be wild and a little crazy.
Because we are all in love with cities we have never been to.

I went to South Africa in school, and it is definitely on my Bucket List to go back, that is the inspiration for this list, every time I have doubts of doing something, I will look back at this list and it will refresh my memory. If you want to hear more about my South African experience please let me know & I hope this post has helped in some way! 

Are you thinking about travelling? If so where do you want to go?

with wanderlust love, Rhianna x


p.s. If you want to read a travellers blog this is a really good one written by the wonderful Liz on her adventures around the world - link

All images from Pintrest

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I'd really like to travel before it's time to settle down and get a full time job x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Whilst I am young and can do it all! x

      Delete
  2. Great post! Definitely recommend travelling - even if it's just a small leap and not too far - you learn so much about yourself when you are in a different culture with different people :)

    maquillageconfessions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! By all means, you could travel somewhere new in the country you live in! xx

      Delete
  3. Great post
    Would you like to follow each other ? I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore travelling and these reasons have gotten me even more excited to do so!

    http://njcdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I for one can't wait to go and explore! Happy that I was able to excite you ahaha x

      Delete
  5. I love your reasons - they're brilliant! Travelling really is such an enriching experience. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou! It really is, everyone should try it if they can! xxx

      Delete
  6. I agree wholeheartedly with this post - especially number one. It is so true, and what a beautiful quote as well.

    I am taking a trip to Fuerteventura in a few weeks (1,5 actually!) and I am so excited to get away, experience new things, and collect new memories.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah have a great time, I went to Fuerteventura late last year, it's such a beautiful place. Definitely check out the scuba diving, we saw sea horses and some really cool fish! :)

      Fleur x

      http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I really enjoy reading your Blog!

    Fleur x


    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post. ^^
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey babe, how are you?
    Lovely blog, great post though, following you..
    I've only just started blogging.
    Visit me whenever you have time;

    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Kisses xXx

    ReplyDelete