Friday, 13 March 2015

5 ways to achieve your goals | "It always seems impossible until it's done"

What better way to get started than to buy some cute stationary...
Rather than doing a beauty/fashion post I thought I would share with you a few things I have recently been employing in my life in order to make me feel better about myself and achieve my goals (or deadlines in my case haha). I'm not implying that by doing just these 5 things will allow your goals to be achieved, but in my case, they have definitely helped.

1 - Get up earlier! 

If you are anything like me, then you could sleep from 10pm til noon the next day and still wake up not wanting to get out of bed. Recently I have been setting my alarm to 8am and getting up when my alarm goes off. Crazy? I know. For a long time I have wanted to start getting up earlier - 1. To get things done & 2. The earlier your up, the most you can make out of your day. For me that's an extra 4 hours of doing things for YOU and to make the most out of YOUR day. Whether this is finishing an assignment early or going to the beach for a morning jog (ambitious in this weather haha), both of these will help you, and it will help future you. 

2 - Make lists... and stick to them! 

Weirdly, I absolutely love making lists and there is nothing more satisfying than crossing each and every item off it, knowing that you can stop for the day. Lists help you stick to deadlines, not forget about anything, and even better organise your time. You could assign a few things to be done per day and eventually you would be finished! Another 'student-like' thing I do is organise out each day in my weekly planner, put all my work into a list and then assign specific work to specific days and times. Nice and easy way to keep up with the masses of assignments and revision to top it all off. 

3 - Start earlier, finish earlier than everyone else. 

Basically what I mean by is saying - "I am doing this now so that future me doesn't have to worry about it". Plus, if it is an essay assignment for example, start on the day, or a few days after it has been assigned. Then the weekend before it is due you can sit down, relax and do whatever the hell you want and whilst everyone else is frantically finishing it (usually me ironically) you can say to yourself, I worked hard, and now I can relax. 

4 - Avoid procrastination. 

Now, this is a hard one and I am no stranger to procrastinating. We all know how to put things off, and usually its just by putting your foot down and saying no I can do this later once I have finished this. Usually the tasks take no time at all to do and you can carry on as you please once it is done. Trust me when I say procrastination is the devil in all of us. 

5 - Have more 'me' time. 

Considering the title of this post, this one may seem a bit silly. However I think it is always important to set aside time for yourself, time where you can have a sit down, go shopping, have a girly night in or just tell yourself to not work past 8PM so you can watch your favourite TV shows. Don't hesitate, just do it without the thought of what you think you 'should' be doing. There is nothing worse than staying up until god knows what hour doing work - and it seriously isn't worth it. Have some 'me' time, you will feel so much better after, and surprisingly more eager to do work. Besides, if you follow my last 4 tips - hopefully you will have more time for yourself :) 

And there you have it! My 5 'top tips' for achieving your goals. Do take these with a pinch of salt though as you should only do what makes you happy! 

Do you have any top tips to achieving goals? Id love to hear them!

Rhianna xoxo

30 comments:

  1. Agree with all your suggestions! Especially waking up early since I feel so accomplished getting stuff done before 9 in the morning :P

    maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha, even though I get up and don't do anything it means I'll be doing things sooner than if I were to get up later and still not do anything straight away haha! x

      Delete
  2. Great tips :) I really love setting short term goals, like breaking up a big goal down into weekly or daily tasks.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Me too it just makes the stress seem so much smaller! x

      Delete
  3. Great post, and I really do need to get up earlier. It my downfall!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I have only just started getting up at 8, it is one of my biggest downfalls haha x

      Delete
  4. They are the best five tips but the hardest for someone like me to keep haha!
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Just keep working at them or do it gradually and you will get there! Baby steps haha! xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute post. My sleeping pattern is so messed up I desperately want to try and get up early every morning to re-set it and get more done with my day, but I can never seem to last more than a few days at a time before slipping back into sleeping till noon!

    Bethany | http://lesbiansarereal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou, thats what I used to be like, I think I am worse in the colder months than in the summer months! Just try set certain times to go to sleep and wakeup and you should be good to go! x

      Delete
  6. I'm totally going to try getting up earlier- I rarely get up before 11 at the weekend, but that means I never really start my day-to-day tasks until the afternoon!
    www.missmollyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! for me it means when I have a deadline (as I do tomorrow) that I won't be up all night doing it haha - although this one seems probable that I will be haha! x

      Delete
  7. Waking up early....hahha. That has always been my problem. There was an article saying something that, "most successful people wakes up at 5am"

    www.aliceinangkorland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness! 5am sounds dreadful to me, I used to have a job which started at 5am and I soon quit that! Perhaps in the summer when its light at 5am, but until then ill be tucked up in bed haha! xx

      Delete
  8. Get up earlier. Oh yes, I mostly have to focus on this one:))

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first it's hard but the more you do it and get into a routine the easier it becomes :)

      Delete
  9. I definitely need to work on getting up earlier, I am awful at it! Although I do find the earlier I get up the more productive I am in the day x

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I think I need to start going to bed at a consistent time though too! x

      Delete
  10. Goals always do feel impossible until they're done. Then they seem like nothing! It's mental. I'm not doing too bad on getting up earlier, phew.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I always find tasks impossible to get started! Good for you!! :)xx

      Delete
  11. Great post !!!!

    your blog is amazing !!




    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such good points, I've been trying to wake up earlier but I can never do it, It's like impossible for me to wake myself up!

    Jessie | Taylor mayed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well atleast your trying! I have to get up even earlier tomorrow, doubt my body will agree with me haha! xx

      Delete
  13. Great post girl! Another good tip I've heard is to plan backwards from your goal. What would be the last thing you would do before the goal is complete? If you think about it like that, all of things you have to do might be less overwhelming!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good tip! Almost like making a backwards plan to get you to the beginning! xx

      Delete
  14. I'm a few days into my Easter holiday form Uni and have loads of essays to write so this post is very relevant to me right now! I'm totally with you on the hard task of getting up early, but that is my goal for the rest of the holidays, as it makes the day so much more productive!

    I've just followed your blog and will definitely be back to read your future posts :)

    - Grace's Beauty Space xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even broke up for mine yet! Still another week to go, and I will have so much revision to do! Thankyou! It means a lot hehe :) xx

      Delete